Monday, August 31, 2009

I'm going to teach a class!


Several months ago I was asked to make a wedding cake for a couple at my church. Once the pastor's wife saw the cake I think she realized I had some crafty talents. I made an off-hand comment about wishing I could make my living doing the things I loved.....at that point I was making new bags each week in hopes of selling them. Doris said something along the lines of "you'll have to pray for it." I took her advice and started asking how to use my talents to gift others.

The solution wasn't in making cakes or handbags.....it was in quilts and the ladies of my church. While I will not be paid in a monetary sense I will be rewarded....The class is going to be incorporated into an outreach campaign "Connections". The plan is to invite the public to our classes as a way to introduce the community to our little church.
We are going to learn together. I am going to teach a class on howmake this beautiful quilt! I am so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment